Re: [IP] smelly insulin...YUCK!

> > > Humalog insulin smells when I am doing a set change. Does anyone have
> any
> > > suggestions on  how to clean the pump >
> I think the odor we smell is one of the preservatives that is used (it
> certainly is not the insulin which is too high a molecular weight for an
> odor). <SNIP>
> Pat

>From day one (52 yrs) I have smelled the insulin. I once talked about its
smell to my now-former endo and he said insulin has no smell. I said it does
so! He went and got a syringe and drew some out, came back to me with it
with a drip on the end and said, I sure does!

As far as scented? NO! I can't breathe with a lot of scents and it'd
probably clash with my deodorant or hairspray. YMMV! (~_^)

If you don't have anything nice to say about anyone.... come sit by me. -
Alice Longworth