RE: [IP] Humalog ingredients

Hi Matt,
Many people in our society are becoming reactive to chemicals. I am one of
them. M cresol and phenol along with formaldehydes are just a few of the
chemicals my body cannot handle.
I became chemically injured by phenols when i worked in the field of
respiratory therapy back in the late 1960's because we used these chemicals
to sterilize our countertops and other things in our dept. This was back
before we had any MSDS sheets or were aware of the effects
some  of these chemicals could have on the human body. I am not able to use
some of the insulins with phenol as a preservative because I go into severe
reactions. My son is a chemist and has told me phenol is really a cheap
preservative to make and use in products as preservatives.  If I am exposed
to anything with phenol I go into severe life threatening asthma and other
I really wish the companies who make insulin would find a more safe
preservative. And would not laugh at me when i explain to them. I really
wish they would begin to understand that not everyone can handle the
preservatives used.
The odor of some of the insulin trigger an asthma attack in me and my hubby
who has to fill the cartridges for me because of my reactions. I have to
use insulin to live but this also places my body in reactions. It is not
fun. I have to make myself sick in order to stay alive. There has to be a
better way.
I think it is wonderful people are becoming more aware of what is going
into their bodies and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) is one way we have
of understanding these chemicals. They really are not that difficult to
Anyway I just thought I would share :)
email @ redacted
CIIN= Chemical Injury Information Network