[IP] Anniversary Dates

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 06:46:41 -0600, "Sue" <email @ redacted> wrote:

>I do enjoy seeing posts of the long time anniversary dates - Jan just
>celebrating 52 years on 11/5/02 and Tom Beatson's celebration for 60 years
>coming up on [censored].  Being 53 when I was dx I will never make it there
>unless I  live to be over 100.

Sorry, but Sue quoted from Jan, and Jan misquoted me by one day. My first
day of being sick was 12/7/1942. I drifted towards coma for a couple of days
before Dr. Wright made a house call, took me and my Mother to the hospital
in his car, had some tests done, and finally diagnosed DM, so I could go
into the coma (for I don't know how many days). There were some now-obvious
symptoms before 12/7, but on 12/7 I was sick and stayed home from school.

I prefer to use the 12/7 date because it was exactly one year to the day
after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Jan uses the date when she says she awoke
from her coma. For her, that was a more significant day.

As I have announced to this list before, I am having a dinner party on
1/11/03 to celebrate my survival. (There are too many other parties around
12/7, but not to celebrate Pearl Harbor.) All members of this IP list are
invited. If you can be in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday 1/11/03, please send
me your name and snail mail address by email and I will send you an
invitation that I designed myself. (I haven't mailed any of those
invitations yet.)

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000