[IP] Re: bolusing for high-protein meal

<snip> What I don't understand is, how do you know each ounce of steak has
7g of protein?  Do all animal-protein sources contain 7g of protein per
ounce?  So can I use that number for chicken or fish?  Leeann >>>

>From the exchange diet system, 1 oz. of protein is 7 grams. That was
considered a meat exchange = one ounce of any meat could each be traded for
that many exchanges. If there were 3 exchanges allowed in a meal, you could
choose 1 egg, 1 slice of bologna, and 1 oz of chicken. OR, 3 ozs of one
meat. However you wanted to work it out to equal 3 exchanges. Now we pretty
much eat what we want and bolus accordingly with a pump. I posted that for
the beneift of newly dx'd DMers who were not involved in the Exchange Diet.

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy