Re: [IP] smelly insulin...YUCK!

On 11/7/02 7:43 AM, "Jodi Ghelli" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Hi all!
> I have been pumping for about 4 years now..and have always hated the way the
> Humalog insulin smells when I am doing a set change. Does anyone have any
> suggestions on  how to clean the pump ( I have a MM 507C) to get that icky
> smell out. I wish Lilly would copme out with a "scented" insulin...wouldn't
> that be beautiful!

Natural gas has no smell at all, but the companies put that "sulfuric" smell
in to it to allow easy detections of leaks.   I'm not a chemist and am not
familiar with what causes the odor of insulin, but I for one would prefer
leaving the smell of it the way it is.  It is NEVER confused with any other
smell in my life and I know when I smell it there is very possibly a
problem.  Of course  YNMV!     ;>)