[IP] New Pump & MD News

After PacifiCare HMO of Colorado twice denied my
request for an Animas pump (and then some kind hearted
soul here forwarded my message to a Disetronic Rep)...
 it appears I have been approved for a new D-tron Plus
(okay - two of them).  I get to make the move from a
MM 507c to the dtron in about 5 days when the new
pump(s) show up.  She will do the training as soon as
I want her to do it!  I am soooo excited to be able to
receive insulin every three minutes instead of once or
twice an hour on the MM.  I think some of my roller
coastering is about to stop!  (I'm trying NOT to count
my chickens here - I won't believe it until it's in my

Amazing what can happen when you bug your insurer
every day for weeks on end.

AND the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
has approved me as a patient.  They teased me a little
bit and said that I'll just be bigger than the rest of
their kids - wait till I show up and they realize what
a kid I really am! (yeah, I know at 42 it's hard to
blend in).  I had tried to get in to be seen there
about 15 years ago, but they referred me off to the
physician I've been seeing ever since.  He's a nice
guy, but hasn't taken my recent physical complaints
seriously (like not having feeling in a spot beside my

I want to thank all of you folks here for encouraging
me to not give up on the insurance fight and to
seriously think about getting a new endo.  Without
your help I wouldn't have these two successes to

Life is so sweet!

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?