[IP] Heredity and autoimmune illnesses

In answering my questions about definitive diagnosis of Type I,

Donna <email @ redacted> brought up the article:

It states: "Patients with Type 1 diabetes and their relatives can experience
other autoimmune illnesses such as celiac disease, low or overactive
thyroid, and adrenal disease. Tests are now available to help diagnose these
other illnesses, which often are readily treated. Doctors who suspect that a
patient has diabetes are now able to perform tests to diagnose and
subsequently treat these disorders. "

Does this mean that if my mother has an autoimmune illness such as
Rheumatoid arthritis (which she does), then her children are more
susceptible to have that or any other autoimmune illness like diabetes? I
was told by I thought my endo that Type 2 is inherited but Type 1 is
generally caused by a virus. He seemed surprised that I had not had a recent
viral infection. I can't recall the last time I had a viral infection - at
least I can't remember the last time I had a fever. It has been yearsss.

dx 01/02