RE: [IP] My first pump class

I DO THE SAME EXACT THING CHRISTY DOES!:-) -- I use a Disetronic H-tron+
My only variation is that (referring to Day 3 or 4 in msg below) I don't wait an hour to take out the "old" infusion site.  I just take it out at the same time after I put the new one in (and do a 1 unit bolus to fill the new cannula).  Christy, I'm wondering if that "one hour wait" is for a specific reason or "just the way you do it"?  Just curious:-)
And (referring to Day 7) I always wait until my insulin cartridge is completely empty before I change it and the tubing for a new one!  I've been able to save alot of insulin that way as it turns out!:-)  I always look to see how much insulin I have left and if I'm going to be away from home when I'm getting near the end of a cartridge I take the fresh cartridge and new tubing with me:-)  Since I get the prefilled cartridges delivered to me at home they are always ready and waiting!  I LOVE THAT!  SAVES SO MUCH TIME!  And no (or very minimal) bubbles to worry with in priming!  It takes me about 5 minutes to so a set (insulin & tubing) change with the majority of that time used during priming.
A cartridge of insulin which is ~305 units after priming, lasts me about 8-8 1/2 days.
I love sharing and learning all of these tid-bits with others who are (maybe:-) interested!:-)
over & out for now!
--janet (Dx @ age 3, 8/78; pumping H-tron+ since 6/00)