Re: [IP] Attention Paradigm users

Wow.  That's a LONG list of cautionary information.

I've had a 508 for 14 months and was eligible for the Paradigm. I've been very happy with my 508, but I went to the training pretty convinced I'd trade it in, because I was especially interested in the waterproof capability.

After the training, though, I had a very strong gut feeling that I wouldn't be happy with it. I thought the new way of filling reservoirs and priming were klugey and non-intuitive. I wanted the supposed smaller size of the Paradigm, but when I compared the Paradigm with its external clip case (versus the integrated belt clip for the 508), the 508 profile was *much* slimmer. I also would push buttons on the Paradigm they gave me and get into this "frozen" mode that even the trainer had trouble clearing! That was a huge red flag, that maybe the particular model I got was going to have some problems.

My dad always told me never to buy the first-year model from a car manufacturer, but to wait until they'd worked out the inevitable bugs. Going through the Paradigm training, his words came back to me.

I didn't switch and I've been super happy with my decision. I want to stress this is **my opinion only**--I know that most Paradigm users are extremely happy with their choice.  I think you just have to make a careful consideration of which capabilities are most important to you and compare the two MM models based on that list.