Re: [IP] My first pump class

Good questions from John about unused insulin.

I have learned that I use about 3/4's of the resevior in 3 days. So that is how full I make it. Sometimes if I have been particularly active I may go 3 1/2 days (or fill it a bit more) but generally I try to change at 3 days cuz my sites are going bad by then and BG's are rising.

I use the h-tron - so I "tell" it that it is full - so I never rely on the reading that says how much insulin is left. I'm so up and down anyway just keeping an eye on it works much better.

I really try to not toss much insulin - but sometimes if I have a lunch meeting - and getting really near the end of insulin I will go ahead and change out that morning.

Linda & Dax