-----Original Message-----
From: Dianne Shekell

Someone mentioned going to the diabetesnet.com site to check out a slide
show on the pump by John Walsh.  While on that site, I checked out their
comparason chart of the different pumps.  My son uses the Animas pump, but a
friend of mine just got a Paradigm for her daughter (her doctor would only
use Minimed). When looking at the Paradigm, then looking further into it's
programing issues, I found these statements (which I'm copying and pasting
from the site).  You may or may not know of these precautions.  Just in
case,  please read the following:

Despite high expectations, safety issues have arisen with this pump that
users and clinicians should be aware of. Clinicians were surprised at the
number of safety issues from a 20 year old pump company. The Paradigm is
able to deliver excellent blood sugar control, but the wearer must keep the
issues below in mind to prevent problems.

Programming Issues

Loss Of Basal Rate
Do Not Choose U-50 Insulin By Accident

Be Careful Not To Clear Pump

Do Not Retighten Dislodged Reservoir Caps Before Disconnecting

A Smaller Reservoir If You Need More Than 52 Units A Day

Improved Motor Technology