[IP] My first pump class

I went to my first pump class earlier this week in preparation for starting
on the pump before the end of the year hopefully!  During the class I found
one thing a little strange.  The CDE's would talk about changing your
resevoir and insulin at the same time you change your infusion set.  Say you
have anything but a Paradigm so your resevoir holds about 300 units of
insulin.  If you change your infusion set every 3 days, and you use about 60
units a day (probably will be TDD to start), then when you change out in 3
days you'll still have about 80 units of insulin left in the resevoir.
That's 60 units a day for 3 days, plus about 40 units to prime the set.  So
does this mean I would be throwing away 80 units of insulin every 3 days?
That seems like quite a waste, and the money will add up over a few months
or year.  Does this sound right to everyone else, what do you all do if you
still have a sizable amount of insulin left in your resevoir when you change