Re: [IP] Infusion Sets

Last January when my son got really sick from his DM,  the Endo strongly
suggested going on a pump.    Till that time he had been refusing to discuss
pumps, probably because his school nurse had been insisting for nine
months that he be put on one.

He was really leery of getting a pump too as he'd seen Sillhouetes and was
afraid of the length on the needle.   So on SuperBowl weekend,  when we went
to the hospital on Friday morning,  they suggested just putting a site in
and wearing it for the weekend to see what it felt like.     He couldn't wait
for kickoff to rip that thing out!  LOL    Although he did agree to let us
him a pump so he could start feeling better again.

Now,  since being on the pump since 2/15,  he actually seldom even flinches
when we do insertion.   Matter of fact he can sleep through site changes!

But,  he fusses about injections now which he never did and we even use
the "short"  needles!       He says a site change every 2-3 days is much
nicer than 6 shots per day he was on.

Sounds like you are suffering from fear of the unknown.............so go
and insert one to get over it  :)

Fenton, MO

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Rainbow.jpg]