[IP] waiting so long to start??

i am not sure i understand why so many people have to wait as long as they do to start pumping.
when i started last year, i got the approval and the pump came within two weeks. i started pumping
a couple days after that. also, why the long prep time? maybe some docs and CDEs work differently
than others but my pump lady came to my house at 9 am, left about three and a half hours later and
i was pumping! no hospital, no nothin', just had a LOONNG talk about how diabetes works (like i
didn't know) and then took me about an hour to calc basal rates and learn all the pumpy bells and
whistles. haven't had a single problem since. maybe it was because i had just started with this
new endo who is all about pumping, but i definitely got mine started on the fast track and i'm
glad that i did. anyone else have experiences like this?

becky, whose 1st pump birthday is in 16 days! (dx'd 1/24/92 at age 10, pumping since 11/21/01)

Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now