From: Marty Chansler [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 2:38 PM
To: IP
Subject: [IP] Infusion Sets

I was just wondering if I should practice doing an insertion with my
quick sets before I start my training or just wait? I'm really nervous
with that part of it. I'm not afraid of pain, just the unknown feeling I
will have. I just started using my lancet device about a month ago,
before I would just use the lancet and prick myself. Come to find out, it
doesn't even hurt. I guess I like the part of controlling the timing of
things. Also, the nurse educator from Minimedtronic informed me that I
will start off on insulin that first day. Is that o.kay, or should I use
saline to begin with to get used to it?
Jamie