RE: [IP] Bent Cannulas

Hi Nina,
My past experience has been... I get an unexplained HIGH! so I will take my hi BG bolus.  I'll test an hour or two later and my BG still has not lowered AT ALL!  Or it could be higher than the last time I checked it.  At that point I am upset, feeling bad and grumpy and I think, IT MUST BE TIME TO CHANGE THE SITE incase it's  a bent cannula:-)
That's how it has happened with me.
--janet (Dx @ age 3, 8/78; pumping H-tron since 6/00)

I'm very new at this.  How do you know you have a bent cannula?  I know
if I have trouble with the pump not working after I change it I was never
told that the cannula could be bent.  Do you just eliminate all the
things that could go wrong and then take it out and it's bent.  Please
explain.  I have to learn.  Thanks
Nina