Re: [IP] Humalog Ingredients - phenol

> Hey that's interesting. That's not what my carton says.
> Mine carton says it contains phenol.
> Maybe that means that Humalog from Canada is not the same
> as Humalog from the US. My carton has the following:

I doubt they are different. M-Cresol (or any of its other isomers) is a
phenol. The name phenol can be used to designate a specific compound
(C6H5OH) or to describe a class of chemicals (a substituted phenyl ring with
a hydroxy functionality). In the second case, Cresol is the simplest of the
alkyl substituted phenols. I suspect that this second type designation is
the one being used in this case. If you want to be sure and unambigous you
need to ask for the CAS number for the specific ingredient.

Pat