[IP] H-tron expiration date

>Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 01:33:44 EST
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: Re: [IP] Re: H-tron for sale

>I need to ask email @ redacted what you mean by the remark the H-Tron only
>2 years and the D-Tron 999 days.  My son is almost at 3 years with his
>and we still have not even had the tech check alarm go off yet!  Please
>clarify your info so I know what to expect!

>Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:00:44 +0000
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: Re: [IP] Re: H-tron for sale

>That is incorrect.  I inquired to Disetronic about this very thing since my
>checkup reminder hasn't gone off yet.  I was told that if the pump is
>properly there is no fee for the inspection, and they just reset the clock.

Ummm, my experience has been different.  About 11 months ago I ran out of
time on my "other" H-tron pump (the first has maybe 8 weeks left).  I
returned it to Disetronics and it was reconditioned and returned to me.  I
was told it would be $400, but insurance got it done for $375 with no charge
to me. Perhaps my pump was somehow "broken", but trust me there was a fee.
On "reconditioned" pumps the expiration is 1 year.  I have been through two
of the 8X alarms (technical service warnings - 88 meaning 8 weeks left & 86
for 6 weeks).  The manual states (pg 46) that for new pumps it is 30 months
(2.5 years) till the H-tron will need to be returned.