Re: [IP] birth control patch

I need to clarify what I said before, which was this: "You can
wear a patch a week and take a week off, or you can wear
a patch a week continuously and have no periods (woo hoo!)"

It SHOULD read "You can wear a patch a week FOR THREE WEEKS and
take a week off, or you can wear a patch a week continuously and
have no periods (woo hoo!)" The package insert says to wear it
three weeks and take a week off but the dr said that it causes no
problems to wear it continuously should you decide to skip having
a period. You can do this with bc pills too, btw.

Also, something else I forgot to mention...during the first week
of the very first time you use it, you need to use a backup bc,
just like with the pill. Your dr should tell you this but just
thought I'd throw it in there to CMA. ;)

Take care, Kerri
Join me in the Parents of Pumpers chat, Saturdays @ 6:30pm
Pacific/9:30pm Eastern in the Parents chatroom, Insulin Pumpers
website www.insulin-pumpers.org
"I've seen and met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people
leading ordinary lives, filled with love, compassion,
forgiveness, and sacrifice." - Tracy Chapman [Heaven's Here on
Earth, 1994]