[IP] Starting on your own

 I have had my pump for two months and still haven't started because of
> scheduling problems.  Has anyone ever started on their own, and what
> where the repercussions if any.  I know the pump box has a big warning
> not to start on your own, but after being on this site for many months,
> going to the dieticians for carb counting, talking to the pump people,
> and reading Pumping Insulin and other books, I feel that I could start
> with no problem.  Comments?

  I think it is really a crime for you to wait so long to get started.
When I went on the pump in 1996 I had no training at all! My doctor gave
me the video, told me to watch it and get started. He told me to give
him a call if I had any problems. I've been pumping for 6 years and I
haven't had any problems yet. If you feel confident that you know what
you are doing, then I would go ahead and give it a try. You can always
remove it if you start having problems.

Karen in North Pole, Alaska
Dx'ed 1971
Pumping since 1996