[IP] Re: Starting on your own

I am on Animas, but that is not the problem. They have been wonderful,
and if it were up to them, I would have had it going for two months.  My
endo's protocol is to have a 23 hour admission in the hospital to get it
started.  With his schedule, a vacation, and the hospital and trainer's
schedule, it has been a mess in my estimation.  I guess I should just
have to be patient and wait until Nov 25, right before the holidays
begin.  Oh, well.

>>> email @ redacted 12:21:45 PM 11/4/02 >>>
I can't even imagine waiting for 2 months to be trained. I've waited
for 3
weeks and that is driving me absolutely crazy.  I've had the carb
training,
but still waiting on the actual pump training. I've also read the
"Pumping
Insulin" book. I'm half tempted to start myself also, but know I
really
shouldn't. Are you with Animas? I am. I never dreamed it would take
this
long.  My trainer has been on vacation for two weeks. Shouldn't they
have
more than one trainer available?  It sounds to me as if they only have
one
trainer per State.  Aren't there more pumpers out there?

                                                                   Sue