[IP] Starting on your own

I have had my pump for two months and still haven't started because of
scheduling problems.  Has anyone ever started on their own, and what
where the repercussions if any.  I know the pump box has a big warning
not to start on your own, but after being on this site for many months,
going to the dieticians for carb counting, talking to the pump people,
and reading Pumping Insulin and other books, I feel that I could start
with no problem.  Comments?