[IP] Re: hot tubs

In a message dated 11/3/2002 5:04:23 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I haven't used a hot tub since I started pumping in July.  But in my pump
> training, the CDE said that a hot tub was not only bad for the pump, but
> would ruin the insulin under the skin causing high blood sugars after I
> reconnected.  Her advice was to disconnect and then change the set after
> using a hot tub.  I don't know how valid this advice is; the high blood
> sugar problem hasn't been reported here yet by any real pump users.
> Julie, Paradigm since July '02
Well, I'm a real pump user, for more than 2 years now.
I don't stay long in hot tubs, usually clip my pump above the water line
while i am in (I have a dtron).  It has been my personal experience and YMMV
of course that when I stay in for any length of time i end up low.  It almost
seems like the insulin works harder and faster that is already inside my

Faith and Sweetie Pie my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 21+ years and happy to be here