[IP] Replacing a dead pump

>>>Should my pump die in the meantime, I would get stuck with MDI while
negotiating with my insurance over whether I really need an insulin pump.  I
would have to go through a process that may take weeks, getting approval on
a new pump, while I get used to MDI again.>>>

When my (3rd) pump died I had been pumping 16 years. MiniMed called the ins.
co.  and I was approved the same day on the same call. I hope ins. co's are
*smart* enough that if you have *already* been pumping for a length of time,
you need to continue that treatment.

> >  Prior to that, I had tried to get approval from insurance to get a new
pump, but had been refused, because the 504 was working just fine.  <snip>
Kristen Olgren >>>

When there's still life in it, they don't want to spend the bucks. A dead
pump would be a different story. (~_^)

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a
bald head and a pot belly, and still think they are beautiful.