Re: [IP] New Pump Questions

>  Getting ready to start I've
> found I have a worry that I'm sure many of you had.  That is, what will it
> be like having this thing attached to me for the better part of eternity?

Oh, my, this will be just a tittle* of eternity. ;) Having a much freer
lifestyle with this small appendage is not a problem for me. Check out my
first pump which was the size of a checkbook box - on my Evolution of Pumps
picture trail album. Link in my sig line. I was absolutely conscious every
time I turned over in bed with that thing. I don't notice this one now. How
about putting it in a sock and pinning it to your pj's to keep unwound. ;)

> So my question is, how long did it take for some of you to adjust to
> the pump, and what were some of your experiences adjusting to the pump?
> John

It took me 16 years to learn things about using my pump. When I got my first
one it was so simplistic and as progress was made, tips and improvements
came along, endo didn't inform us. It still can be a learning process.

* tittle (the dot over an i ?)

"Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong,
because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and to move
forward with your life." - Dr. David Burns, Psychiatrist and Author