Re: [IP] Hot tubs

At 06:00 PM 11/3/02, Julie wrote:
>I haven't used a hot tub since I started pumping in July.  But in my pump
>training, the CDE said that a hot tub was not only bad for the pump, but
>would ruin the insulin under the skin causing high blood sugars after I
>reconnected.  Her advice was to disconnect and then change the set after
>using a hot tub.  I don't know how valid this advice is; the high blood
>sugar problem hasn't been reported here yet by any real pump users.

I disconnect when using a hot tub, but I never change the set unless it's
my scheduled time to do it.  If you had a hot tub at home and followed this
advice, you could end up changing your set everyday if you used the hot tub
everyday.   I've never had problems with high bgs with leaving the set in
and continuing to use it.  YMMV.