Re: [IP] New Pump Questions

On 11/3/02 10:55 AM, "John Anderson" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> found I have a worry that I'm sure many of you had.  That is, what will it
> be like having this thing attached to me for the better part of eternity?
> So my question is, how long did it take for some of you to adjust to wearing
> the pump, and what were some of your experiences adjusting to the pump?

You just have to learn how to dress with the pump and infusion set in
different locations.   I heard that to give kids/teens an idea of what it is
like to wear pump, CDEs will get a yoyo and tape the end of the string to
the abdomen.   It takes a little practice, but you can feel fairly
comfortable in just days.

> One other question, what do some of you do with the thing while you sleep?
> I twist and turn and toss a lot and it seems like I'll wake up in the
> morning either detached or all tangled up in tubing!!

With a set in the abdomen I clip it to my shorts.  Sometimes I wear the set
in my arm and use the Arm Thing.  That is usually the least obtrusive
location for me.  And remember, you can  ~Disconnect!~  for intimate times!

George    :>)