Subject: [IP] Paradigm or Minimed 508

Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 21:04:05 -0800
From: "ernie garcia" <email @ redacted>

<<Anyone know what the price difference is? Group Health will pay 80% of a
Minimed 508. Prices don't seem available on Minimed's web page.
As I understand it, I also get a $ 500.00 trade-in allowance for my 507 >>

Hi Ernie,
FYI. I am a doc and when the Medtronic rep came to our office, about 3-4
months ago, he told us that the Paradigm was priced about $10,000 compared to
a little under $6,000 for the 508. We are in TN, BTW. However, when I looked
at one of their web sites, the price was only a few hundred more, as someone
else on this list has already posted. I think that the smaller size, etc., is
worth it, but it really is your preference. At least they approved one. BC/BS
here has refused so far, even though my daughter's 507 keeps malfunctioning
and she is all over the map now with BG's. She also got a look at the Cozmo
and may be falling in love with it! Now, if they only made it in pink!
Good luck.

Mom to Cara, age 16, Type 1 since 2/97, pumping since 3/98.