Re: [IP] Paradigm or Minimed 508

I jst got my paradigm last monday and I love it.  I wore a 508 for a week as a saline run

Here is what I like better about paradigm:

-no hinges - reservoir slides in and seals the top whole
-AAA batteries - cheap and avail. everywhere
-small and stylish
-the pump automatically knows how many units are left
- I really like the scroll screen and there is less button pressing

Some downs sides about paradigm:

-smaller reservoir -187 units - but is simple enough to refill if you need to before 3 days is up
-infusion sets are not interchangeable
-they don't have the cheaper bent needle sets - But I have been told they are working on more sets for the pump

Overall I am very imprssed with the pump, and would not trade it for any other pump out there!

I love my paradigm!!
Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)