[IP] Re: Warranty=New pump.

On 11/2/02 3:10 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> My issue isn't with replacing pumps that have shown to be unreliable due to
> repairs after the warranty period expires.   My issue is with people who think
> that replacing a pump just because the warranty has expired is a fiscally
> responsible thing to do.
> If it still works and hasn't had to be fixed, why replace it?

MY point is the thing can be working perfectly well, but then when the
warranty has expired and the the pump decides to conk out It results in
either an outlay *I* could not afford to get the dang thing fixed, or
quitting the pump, and so brings about MONTHS of fighting with the insurance
to get a replacement.

In cases such as MINE, I prefer to keep up the replacement pump and warranty
instead of being at the mercy of the insurance companies saying "No" whilst
I flounder waiting on their decisions and appealing all the while.

What part of this isn't getting understood?

You can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think.
Jenny Sutherland