Re: [IP] Paradigm or Minimed 508

At 09:04 PM 11/2/02 -0800, you wrote:

 >But is the Paradigm worth the money? What does it give me over the 507/508 ?
 >ernie garcia

I switched to the Paradigm in July and I've been happy with it so far.  I
think it's a lot more reliable than the 508, with the exception of the E21
battery errors, and those, at least, are a known issue.  The menus are
easier to use, the reservoir is easier and quicker to fill, it's a bit
smaller, and it's waterproof.

I especially like the fact that it's more sensitive to occlusions.

It does have a smaller reservoir (total capacity about 170 units) so if you
use more than 50 units a day it's probably not the pump for you.

My one complaint is that MiniMed took the time off the Home screen.  I use
my pump for a watch.  Why can't the time display on the Paradigm home
screen by default, like it did on the 5008?  There's plenty of room there.