Re: [IP] Re: Warranty =new pump?

It is not FISCAL responsibility that I am concerned
about.  It is PERSONAL responsibility that I am
concerned about.  My 507c is out of warranty.  I have
been trying since July to get a new pump.  I am stuck
in insurance hell.

My insurance requires that my pump be inoperable in
order to be approved for a new one.  Why do I have to
wait until my current pump is inoperable?  I have been
on a pump for over 15 years.  I have no complications.
 I have had Type 1 for >30 years.  My A1cs are >7.0.
(yes GREATER THAN 7.0)

Is the INSURANCE COMPANY willing to be FISCALLY
responsible for my health care if I am NOT on a pump?
The way insurance companies do businesss borders on
racketeering.  My doctor insists that I have a
different pump, but insurance says no.  Who is
prescribing my treatment plan?

And FURTHER - why is the warranty for ONLY 4 years?
Why is it NOT a lifetime warranty?  BECAUSE THE PUMP
COMPANY WANTS YOU TO 1) BUY A NEW PUMP (EITHER OUT OF
POCKET OR WITH THROUGH AN INSURANCE CONTRACT) AND 2)
THEY CAN'T AFFORD THE LIABILITY INVOLVED IN REPAIRING
& REFURBISHING OLD PUMPS.

It's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

-gail in denver
DX'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.