[IP] DTronPlus and question about battery pack

My son's been using the HTron for 7.5 years...it's been a wonderful  reliable
set of pumps.  I'm struggling to choose a new one for him...and while other
new pumps  have terrific features, I still love the two pump system.

When the DTron first came out, several of my friend's children broke their
pumps - and this had not happened with their HTrons.  Has this been improved?
 Can the DTronPlus take more child-friendly abuse now?

I also heard it's very difficult to fill cartridges with the DTron - has
anyone  on the list had to do this in order to use Novolog?

As for the battery pack , has anyone figured out how to repack one of these
with batteries from the store, and if so is there a page with directions on
IP? :-).  I still love the idea of the battery pack lasting 2 months, rather
than having to replace batteries every three weeks.