[IP] Re: infusion sets $ in Canada

In a message dated 11/1/2002 7:34:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> The order sheet I have from Medi-gas in Ottawa lists them at : Silhouttes -
> combo sets - $160 for 10 and full sets $195 for 10.  And quick sets at
> $196.50 for 10   This list is dated Setember 2002, I don't know if maybe
> they lowered there prices or maybe yours is old??
> I know my pharmacy gets them for 20 or 25 % less so they make money off
> them.  My

Hi Summer,
       Yes, my price sheet is almost 18 months old, from shortly after Claire
began pumping.  However, I see no reason whatsoever why the price of
Silhouettes has risen from $124.80 to $160.  Any Americans reading this, have
you experienced such a dramatic price increase in the last while?  Perhaps
when Medigas took over Respircare, they raised all the prices and lowered
their quality of service along with it.
       Since 2002 began, I have been having my Shoppers Drug Mart order my
Quick-sets from Medigas for me.  That is because the BC gov't will pay for
part of the cost and you have to go through a pharmacy for this coverage.
However, they must be forgetting to add their mark-up to the cost, because
they are only charging $150 for a box of 10 Quick-sets, I picked up 3 boxes
yesterday.   Maybe they figure they sell enough to me in other Rxs???
LOL--I'm so happy that our insurance covers everything.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8