Re: [IP] average monthly costs of being on a pump

> > RoseLea
> > who's constantly fighting the insurance company
> >
> I know what you mean Roselea.  And try it without insurance.

i'm still of the opinion that no diabetic should have to pay for test
strips, insulin, syringes, etc.  these aren't things we use just because we
want to, or for cosmetic purposes (such as enjoying having some colour in
the face instead of looking grey all the time), these are necessities with
our disease.  not to mension the short term costs of improving our health
would outweigh the long term health costs of not having good control of our
blood sugars.

i'm finally swallowing my pride and applying to the ontario government's
trillium drug program and the ontario monitoring for health program in the
hopes that i'll be able to get some funding for my test strips at least.

liz - in ottawa, where it's snowing. cool.