RE: [IP] Wal-Mart and Medicare

Hi Dianne,
I have never dealt with Wal-Mart for my supplies but use to use Eckerd and I don't have Medicare but I have a similar frustrating experience with Eckerd Pharmacies.  THEY HAVE GOT TO BE THE WORST--OR ONE OF THE WORST pharmacies around!  At least in Dallas!
Among other bad experiences, I discovered that they had been overcharging me for my monthly insulin.  I contacted my insurance, CIGNA HMO, and they told me to just send them a letter explaining the situation along with my receipts and they would reimburse me for the overcharge which they did quite expeditiously!  They also called Eckerd and had them correct the copay amount in their computer or whatever needed to be corrected.
I have since switched to Walgreens upon the STRONG suggestion of my excellent CDE, husband and others and have never been happier!  Of course I get my insulin from the mail order Rx associated with Disetronic and get my strips at Walgreens.  I LOVE WALGREENS!
I hope you don't have to jump through many/any hoops to get your over-charged amounts back!
--janet (Dx @age 3, 8/78; pumping H-tron+ since 6/00)
>>>Tackling Wal-Mart is not high on my list of things I want to do with my
life.  Any suggestions?  I'm calling Medicare and the pharmacy - but so far
there are no results.