[IP] Wal-Mart and Medicare

It was a struggle to convince my local Wal-Mart to give me the paperwork so
that Medicare would reimburse me for insulin for my pump.
After 2 months of phone calls, paperwork etc. they finally got the message.
I used Wal-Mart because I didn't know I could buy insulin by mail order and
that they would bill Medicare directly.  At WM I had to pay up front and
Medicare would send me a check.

When I switched to a mail order company, where I could get 3 months of
insulin and only had to pay the 20% it was a lot easier for me.  BUT when I
got the Medicare Summary Notice I noticed that the mail order company
insulin was much, much cheaper and then I discovered that WM had used the
code for Regular Insulin instead of the code for Humalog - which meant that
for a couple of years they'd over charged me about $40.00 a month.  Has
anyone else had this problem?

Tackling Wal-Mart is not high on my list of things I want to do with my
life.  Any suggestions?  I'm calling Medicare and the pharmacy - but so far
there are no results.