Re: [IP] Regular insulin

From: email @ redacted
>>> I would be sorta lost even trying to guess how much regular to give and
when to give it.   <snip> Barbara>>>

Figure the basal x 4 hours and that's the amount to inject. i.e. 0.5 would
be 2.0 units. That's the missing basal. The Humalog would be given as usual
for the carbs but with a syringe. For other changes of basal rates, multiply
that period x the basal and that's your dose. Maybe Michael can explain it
much better - I learned it from him. ;) I just don't want another
long-acting insulin in me that may linger and overlap with the basals when
I'd return to pumping. YMMV (~_^)

The fact you are willing to say, "I do not understand, and it is fine," is
the greatest understanding you could exhibit. - Wayne Dyer