Re: [IP] Refurbished pumps and MiniMed Service

In a message dated 10/31/02 8:12:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Oh what an evening I have had. My Paradigm flipped out and died tonight. I
> called minimed immediately and I didn't have to wait to be triaged. The
> technician called me back in less than 10 min. Deborah was wonderful. Turns
> out there is something wrong with the battery and instead of me spending
> the
> entire night fooling around with it we both felt I was better off getting a
> replacement. After the recent thread about refurbished pumps I was
> skeptical.
> When I voiced my concern she told me that the only part of the refurbished
> pump that was old was the motor. The serial number is connected to the
> motor.
> Every refurbished pump goes through the same testing that all new pumps go
> through. She said that because of government regulations they must closely
> look at each pump and fix whatever is wrong with them. MiniMed makes a
> point
> of exceeding the standards that the FDA sets. We then talked about costumer
> service. She told me that they have been training new people. The training
> takes 3 months. When I got off the phone I hung up with a sense that
> MiniMed
> is working hard to help their customers. I understand that there are many
> people who have not had such a good experience with MiniMed, but I just
> wanted to share the positive experience I had in a bad situation.
> Adriana, who is dreading going back to shots until noon on Saturday, dxd
> 11/1/88 pumping 1992 mm 506/507

I don't understand why you must go to shots till Sat. most often they will
overnight a pump to you. I called Disetronic at Noon of the 31 st yesterday.
I have had the problem of the D tron retracting push rod. It would happen
only once in a wile, but now it happens most times I install the new
cartridge. The tech said she would overnight a new pump to me. I asked her if
it would be a refurbished pump. Her answer was no we do not refurbish pumps.
She then told me my pump would be sent to Switzerland to be taken apart. I
guess I will tell all my hockey players its a new hockey puck on my side
Roger C