Re: [IP] Passed out at school

     My 17 year old diabetic daughter passed out one day in church for no
apparent reason.  Her blood sugar was not low, she wasn't hot, etc.  I
immediately called her pediatric endocrinologist, and he didn't seem to
be concerned.  He thought maybe her blood pressure went wacko for a
moment, or something similar!  It almost happened again after she got off
a roller coaster at Islands of Adventure, but I attribute that to the
ride.  It's been 1.5 years now, and it's not happend again - so who
knows!!  Guess things like that can happen to anyone!  It may have been
the horn blowing!

     Bev Paul

>From: catherine popper <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IP]
Passed out at school >Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:17:45 -0800 (PST) > >---
email @ redacted wrote: > > Yesterday Cory passed out during band. He has
this > > last period and he plays > > a trumpet. He was hitting some high
notes and felt > > dizzy. . Three people > > are trained to administer
emergency glucagon and > > someone is supposed to call > > 911. None of
this done > >I can't believe the stories I hear about these >schools! You
parents go through all the trouble to >implement an emergency plan to
feel like your kids are >safe, and then something like this can happen so
>easily! I'm glad he's OK, but I'm aghast, aspecially >at the part where
he WALKED home from school. >I did want to add as an aside, as a hack
trumpet >player, I have come close to passing out from playing >high
notes, and it sounds like that may be what >happened to Cory. Maybe the
low came from the walk >home and all the excitement. >