Re: [IP] Passed out at school

Hi!

     My 17 year old diabetic daughter passed out one day in church for no
apparent reason.  Her blood sugar was not low, she wasn't hot, etc.  I
immediately called her pediatric endocrinologist, and he didn't seem to
be concerned.  He thought maybe her blood pressure went wacko for a
moment, or something similar!  It almost happened again after she got off
a roller coaster at Islands of Adventure, but I attribute that to the
ride.  It's been 1.5 years now, and it's not happend again - so who
knows!!  Guess things like that can happen to anyone!  It may have been
the horn blowing!

     Bev Paul

>From: catherine popper <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IP]
Passed out at school >Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:17:45 -0800 (PST) > >---
email @ redacted wrote: > > Yesterday Cory passed out during band. He has
this > > last period and he plays > > a trumpet. He was hitting some high
notes and felt > > dizzy. . Three people > > are trained to administer
emergency glucagon and > > someone is supposed to call > > 911. None of
this done > >I can't believe the stories I hear about these >schools! You
parents go through all the trouble to >implement an emergency plan to
feel like your kids are >safe, and then something like this can happen so
>easily! I'm glad he's OK, but I'm aghast, aspecially >at the part where
he WALKED home from school. >I did want to add as an aside, as a hack
trumpet >player, I have come close to passing out from playing >high
notes, and it sounds like that may be what >happened to Cory. Maybe the
low came from the walk >home and all the excitement. >