Re: [IP] 2 hour check - pump alarm

someone said they should put an alarm on the pump.  The animas has this
feature - it is called "Auto - Off or Auto - On" and is under the Setup menu
under advanced features.  You can set it to Off or On and can put any amount
of time in it. <snip>>>>

My MiniMed 507C also has the above feature, as did my CPI/Lilly Betatron II
pump from '83-'92. The bad thing is, if you don't hear the alarm, *Off*
means the pump shuts off and if you aren't aware, you won't be getting any
insulin. Or, you can hear the alarm and ignore it. I had mine (CPI) set for
10 hrs. to avoid *all that insulin going into me and me not paying attention
to it*.

Before anyone is completely puzzled - this was in the days of ONE basal
rate, delivery in whole units only, and Reg. or Velosulin only. No such
thing as basal testing, or carb/insulin ratios, etc. YMMV (~_^)

(including an album of the EVOLUTION OF PUMPS) When I'm on the 'net, you can
call and leave a message: 1-866-293-6463 ext.
A month from tomorrow is New Year's Day. A month from today is not New
Year's Eve.