Re: [IP] Pump shopping is definitely worse than car shopping

 Don't be taken in by the '20 year history' of Minimed.  Disetronics has been
around in this pumping busines for a long time too.  But they started out
over in Europe and have only been pushing hard in the states for the last
10-11 years.  MM has been the sole provider of pumping products in this
country and now I think they, as a whole, feel threatened that their corner
on the market has disappeared.  And now, to make matters worse, there is a
new competitor.  The 'big giy' is loosing business because of the new
competition.  Of course they are going to say whatever it takes to keep their
business thriving.

  But as I tell everyone that I talk to about pumping, it is a PERSONAL
choice and NO ONE should be p ushing ANYONE into one particular pump brand.
Because all three companies have loaner pump programs a person who wants to
REALLY know each product can actually 'test drive' each product, using
saline, and see how it REALLY works and REALLY feels and all of each of their
functions.  Do NOT take any one particular person's word for anything because
it is just THEIR word and they are NOT you!!!

  So, if you are trying to decide, do NOT decide without TEST DRIVING for

Good Luck to all who are looking and all who are pumping!

mom to Joshua