Re: [IP] Question?

> I was diagnosed with diabetes at age 12 in 1948.  I was small for my age
> lost 20 pounds.  I was diagnosed as Type I and put on insulin.  That has
> almost 54 years and I have been on insulin all those years.   I was
> considering the pump.  I am on Medicare and they require a C-Peptide test
> less than 0.5.  I just got my results back today, and could not believe it
> was 0.9.  Have any of you long-term diabetics had a similar experience?  I
> was fasting and had a high blood sugar, 286, when the test was run.  I had
> taken my Lantus the night before.  Could this have made the test high.
> Please, send me your comments.  I was disappointed because I wanted to be
> pumper.  Imogene

First, congratulations on over a half-century of this *lifestyle*. Did you
get your 50-yr bronze medal from Joslin Clinic and sterling silver medal on
ss chain from Eli Lilly?

If I'm not mistaken, I have heard a low blood sugar will produce a low
C-peptide test and you were running quite high. If you wake up low is it
possible to go to the lab then and get another one drawn? Sometimes, using a
different lab will produce a different result also. Best wishes - and
welcome to that 50-yr club!!! (~_^)

(including an album of the EVOLUTION OF PUMPS) When I'm on the 'net, you can
call and leave a message: 1-866-293-6463 ext.
You really need only two tools in life: Duct tape and WD-40. If it moves and
shouldn't, use the tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.