[IP] postmeal spikes

Hi Denise,
You wrote that your doctor wants your highest post
meal BG to stay under 200.  I don't seem to be able to
achieve that, at least not with breakfast.  I am
usually between 190 and 230 2 hours after my AM bolus,
which is actually 1 1/2 hours after I eat (because I
wait a half hour).  I am back to normal at lunch.  I
would love to find out how to fix this, but nothing I
have tried has worked.  I know it's not my basal - I
did a basal test, fasting until 11:30, and my BG
stayed at 140 the whole time!  The only thing I can
think of is to wait even longer between my AM bolus
and breakfast - maybe then more insulin would be
working when my BG is rising?  I think I may try that
I discussed this with a MM CDE, and she said that many
people have to be satisfied with being back to normal
when the bolus wears off.
Let me know if you figure anything out.

Do You Yahoo!?