[IP] postmeal spikes

Hi Denise,
You wrote that your doctor wants your highest post
meal BG to stay under 200.  I don't seem to be able to
achieve that, at least not with breakfast.  I am
usually between 190 and 230 2 hours after my AM bolus,
which is actually 1 1/2 hours after I eat (because I
wait a half hour).  I am back to normal at lunch.  I
would love to find out how to fix this, but nothing I
have tried has worked.  I know it's not my basal - I
did a basal test, fasting until 11:30, and my BG
stayed at 140 the whole time!  The only thing I can
think of is to wait even longer between my AM bolus
and breakfast - maybe then more insulin would be
working when my BG is rising?  I think I may try that
tomorrow!
I discussed this with a MM CDE, and she said that many
people have to be satisfied with being back to normal
when the bolus wears off.
Let me know if you figure anything out.
Linda