Re: [IP] steroids

In a message dated 11/29/2001 11:35:07 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I agree with Rabbi Hirsch on this one. I am T1 and am on 30 mg. of Actos
 insulin resistance...It has worked wonders!
 Cherry >>
Except that I have no problem with carbs! I take 1 unit Humalog for 13 grams
of carbs, and it keeps my blood sugars fine. But when I have high fat food,
or peanut butter, my bg's go up big time several hours later, once I bolus to
cover the highs, it does go down. So in this case, I would think that if a
person was insulin resistant, it would be for all foods which raise blood
    Also, aren't there some side effects using these pills, especially if
they wouldn't help much? My thoughts.
    Jan G.