Re: [IP] Pump shopping is definitely worse than car shopping

I really don't know much about the Animas, but have been using the MM508
for the past month. I've seen the Paradigm at a pump conference and was
able to play around with it. It has many features that the 508 is
missing, waterproof as mentioned, I wouldn't worry about having it in
the water more than 30min, Unless you are 8 feet under water for that
period of time. The Para also has easier menu than the 508. There are no
clicking noises like the 508, not sure if the Animas clicks. The
paradigm will also handle prefilled cartridges in the future. Also it's
30% smaller than the 508 and i believe smaller than the Animas(Correct
me if i'm wrong someone) The GMS(glucose monitoring system) may
eventually be combined with the pump to be able to check sugar without
pricks and adjust accordingly from one machine. The Paradigm has the
technology to incorporate this once available down the road. I'm am
looking forward to getting my paradigm and don't mind being a guinea pig.
Just my point of view, again one sided because i've yet to see the Animas.