[IP] Passed out at school

Yesterday Cory passed out during band.  He has this last period and he plays
a trumpet.  He was hitting some high notes and felt dizzy.  Before he could
take any action he crashed.  He only remembers waking up on the floor with
all his band materials in disaray.  The band director was standing over him
and was raising his legs.  This was apparently so the blood would go to
Cory's brain and deliver oxygen.  The band director feels this incident
occured because of the method Cory was using in blowing his horn.  I don't
know anything about band instruments but I do know Cory's plan calls for the
office to be contacted immediately in the event he passes out.  Three people
are trained to administer emergency glucagon and someone is supposed to call
911.  None of this done.  When Cory came to, the band director asked him if
he needed to test blood sugar and Cory said no.  He came home from school
about 30 minutes or so later.  He walked!  No one had called me -- no juice,
sugar, etc was given, no blood test done.  When he came through the door I
noticed his glasses were bent, he was crying and shaking.  Then he told me
what happened.  We immediately tested his blood sugar and he was 56.  After
rendering emergency assistance I made some phone calls!!!!!!!  His blood
sugar stayed in the mid 200's most of the night and I was afraid to do much
of a correction.  Now I don't really know what caused him to pass out - this
has never happened before.  I do know his blood sugar was low when he got
home.  I also know the school did not render proper emergency care.  Both
Cory and I are frightened about the possibility of future events and lack of
proper care.  We do have an attorney working on school issues.  I've called
Cory's endo, his allergist (he also has mild asthma) and his peditrician.  I
want to make sure it is not related to another health issue.
Life is challenging at times,
Susan - Cory age 12 - dx'd at 9 - pumping for 11 months