[IP] Pump shopping is definitely worse than car shopping

I need to make a decision very soon on which pump to get and, as many of you
know, have narrowed the choice to between MiniMed (w/Paradigm upgrade) and
Animas. This process is driving me crazy.
I am bothered by MiniMed's waterproof specifications being so conservative
(30 minutes at 8 feet) but intrigued by the remote feature as a woman who
likes to wear dresses. However, I really like the Animas pump's easy menu,
track record as a waterproof product and believe there could be a benefit to
their delivery system. Several of you have told me it isn't a big deal to
just fish the pump out of a thigh thing or bra for a fairly discreet bolus.
Also, the Animas seems really sturdy. I don't want to worry if my pump is in
the water for 45 minutes and happens to have a problem if the company will
back their product. I also like Animas business tactics better but think I
should make this decision based on product issues only, since I feel the
customer support after purchase would be good with both companies. MiniMed
keeps hammering away at the safety issues and says the Animas pump comes with
a risk, although rare, of overdelivery.
If MiniMed didn't have the Paradigm coming out, I would definitely go with
Animas because of the waterproof feature. It's also very difficult to make a
decision when the MiniMed product I'm considering isn't even out yet. I am
also concerned that I would be a guinea pig of sorts with a new product,
despite MiniMed's long history as a company.
So many of you have already been so helpful to me during this time I am not
sure what else you can say. But I am so torn. I don't think trials will help
me because, like I said, the Paradigm isn't available yet. Also, I need to
get the pump before year's end to take full advantage of my insurance
Any additional comments and help would be much appreciated.
dxed IDDM 9/92, hopefully pumping soon