[IP] Dramatic difference with Novolog

My 8-year old has been on the 508 since July and we recently started having
problems keeping a site good for more than a day or two.  In the beginning,
we would go 2-3 days pretty consistenly, but recently we were starting to
experience consistent highs (250, 300, etc.) after 1.5 days or so and
couldn't explain them.  We were using the soft-sets and changed to the
Quick-sets to see if it made any difference - it didn't.  We were beginning
to have to consistently change every day or two.

We called Minimed customer service and were somewhat horrified when they
told us "well, some people just can't use the pump". That didn't seem like
the best answer, so we talked to our diabetes educator, who suggested
several things - one of which was to try using Novolog instead of Humalog.
I had heard things like this before, but was pretty skeptical that it would
really make any difference.

We tried Novolog and IMMEDIATELY saw a dramatic difference.  Same infusion
sets, same sites, but now all-of-a-sudden we have had ZERO unexplained highs
and extremely consistent readings - 88, 102, 117, 127, etc. - even after 3
days, which we never were able to do before.  The change has been so
dramatic for us that we're wondering if maybe the experience is just a
coincidence - maybe it's too good to be true and won't last.  We wonder if
maybe he's just going through one of those rare 2-3 week periods when the
stars are aligned properly and everything goes well - but then later
everything will go back to the way it was before.  Having been through
things like this before, we're normally pretty skeptical of such a quick-fix
to anything.

Can anyone confirm having similar success with Novolog vs. Humalog, or even
explain why it would make any difference?