[IP] big toe boo boo

On my big toe, to the right side of the toenail, I have thisboo boo... It's
red and puffy, bleeding a little... I cut the nail straight across, and I
don't think that is the problem.  I put some peroxide on it, some neosporin,
and a bandaid.  It is pretty painful, especially if I've had shoes on.  It's
been there for about a week and seems to be getting worse.  I didn't injure
myself in any way, it is not a blister, but it just seemed to appear... then
of course I picked at it trying to figure out what was wrong and that's when
it opened and started bleeding a little... Do I need to go to the doctor?
What could be the problem?  What can I do to heal it?  I am paranoid about
my feet, but have never had any problems before.